Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

19-June-2012


Dear Family,
This week has been one crazy week. Monday being transfers, it always takes a bit for a new missionary to get settled into their new area and to get to know the
members here. We've been so busy with everything. Saturday, we had two baptisms. One was Xander's, and I was asked to speak on Baptism for his. The spirit
was so sweet there. His older Brother was just ordained to the aaronic priesthood last week and was able to baptise him. His Dad will be confirming him on Sunday.
The next Baptism was Patty and Emily's. They're a mother and daughter and they have such a great testimony and have changed so much. She had been out by her
 mailbox one morning (patty) and had recieved an answer to her prayer in the mail. Right after, she had said some sort of prayer and the missionaries had showed up.
 She let them in knowing that they were representives of Jesus Christ and could not turn them away after that.  When we choose to act upon the teachings of christ,
is when the atonement takes affect in our lives and begins to soften our hearts. The spirit was so strong at that baptism. I love their family. It's been so rewarding as
a missionary to see those around you change into an entirely diffrent person. Henry was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood last week. I'm excited to see how he
countinues to grow in the gospel.
I love this area! It has so much Potential and both Sister Peart and I are hard workers. It's great when you have a companion who knows their purpose as a missionary
and you have the same desire to serve and love the people. We're working on a lot of finding this week, so I'm hoping the work will pick up dramatically. Tracting has been
a great experiance. I used to really hate it in Portland City, we would get bible bashed every single day. But it's grown on me and helped me learn how important and true
the Book of Mormon is. Last week, we were out tracting and had a great conversation with someone about the plan of salvation. This man was unloading firewood and we were
able to help serve him. He asked us if we were fallen angels. haha! He then completly surprised us and said that he had been to the Polynesian Center at BYU-Hawaii
when he was there on vacation and was open to learning. I hope that he will choose to act upon the message that we have.
Today we have a Sister's Activity at the mission home. Did I mention that we live about 10 minutes away from it? It's so nice being so close by. I'll also get the chance to
go on exchanges again with the ASL sisters here sometime this week, so i'm excited to be able to sign with someone again!
I hope all of you had a wonderful fathers day! I love you. Sister Embley

0 comments:

Post a Comment