Dear Family,
It's transfer time again and I've been transfered! I'm now in the hillsborro area. We cover two wards so we're all the time busy. I already love the area and my new companion! Her name is Sister Peart and she's from Utah. She's very passionate about missionary work and such a hard worker. We're also both obbsessed with Harry Potter. I think we're going to get along great:) Both of us have a great desire to serve others. Yesturday, at the transfer meeting, we both had impressions that we were going to be companions together before it was announced on the screen. I am so thankful to be back to having one companion again. A bit sad not to be back in the deaf work yet, but I know the Lord definitly has other plans. Sister Peart has a friend who is coming out in August for ASL. She enters the MTC tomorrow, so we will have four ASL sisters in the mission! I am so excited for that. We're full time deaf now in the work, so the more the sisters the better!
My new area is great. Last night we went out and were able to meet at least one of the new Ward Mission Leaders and the Bishop. The first week you're always meeting so many people. We have great expectations already for this area. It's just on fire with missionary work. I love it already. It was at first, really hard to say goodbye to Forest Grove. There was so much happening when we left, and so many families. But a transfer is a transfer, and I'm excited to start in another new area. We were able to get my last area to bike before we left and we were never on bike before then. They'll be sharing the car part time with the district leader and on bike the rest of the time. Before I left from Forest Grove, there was a family that we were teaching that we both thought that the husband was really opposed to us being there. He was Catholic and had been raised Catholic, but had actually started to slowly read from the Book of Mormon with his wife. It really shocked us when he didn't want us to leave and said that he was reading! But that's the miracle of the Book of Mormon. When you do read it, you can't ignore the sweet peace that comes from it.
We have a baptism this Saturday, with a 9 year old named Xander. His Dad just recieved the Melchedidic Preisthood and his brother. I just think what a wonderful thing it is to have the restored gospel, the Priesthood in your family and what power that brings to each. His brother will be baptising him. He has such a sweet testimony. I think most children are so sweet and humble when it comes to learning of Christ.
I'm excited to get to know this area better. It's going to be such a fun adventure.
I love you! Sister Embley
0 comments:
Post a Comment