Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

27-Feb-2012

Dear Family,
This week started out with a Sister's activity at the mission home.
It's so great having the opporunity to get together with the other
Sisters from the mission. They just opened the Visitor's Center for
the Portland Temple as well, so they have been getting more new
sisters specifically to serve on temple grounds. After the sister's
activity, we headed over for a discussion with a deaf investigator of
ours who lived nearby. I love teaching, espically in sign. We
explained to him again the importance of the Book of Mormon and where
it came from and the promise that comes from reading this book. It is
really wonderful, once people start to truely understand the purpose
of the book and the change it brings to them as they act upon the
promise as stated by Moroni. The spirit has been helping me become a
better teacher. I can't explain how powerful it has led me in
teaching- so many times I have been without words and because I have
studied and prayed before hand, it is the spirit that has lead me to
say what I or my companion needed to say the minute we needed it. In
this lesson, we felt inspired to sign to him the introduction of the
Book of Mormon, and to go back over and explain the history and
purpose of it. He related to things he had learned in the Bible that
had connected with him, espically concerning prophets. The spirit is
truely the ultimate teacher. Without it, I would be nothing. I am so
blessed to be apart of this gospel and to have the calling that I
have. This week, we were also impressed to go tracting on a certain
street. There was a woman out picking up a tree that had been hit by
reckless driving. We went over to first talk about the gospel- she was
not intrested at first, but then we offered to serve her. It was
obvious to us that she wouldn't finish even with us that day helping
her, so we volunteered to come back the next and to help finish her
task. Because of this act of service, we were able to then talk with
her about the gospel. It's amazing what service truely does, and when
you are in the right place and the right time, the Lord will put
people in our path that we can speak with. I love all of you and pray
for you constantly. Sister Embley

0 comments:

Post a Comment