Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

20-Feb-2012

Dear Family,
So many great and wonderful things are happening with the deaf work here. First, as I said in the last email (i believe anyway) our Branch just got a new Branch Missionary Leader and Branch missionaries. He is not as skilled in the language but is so skilled in the leadership postion that he was called too. It's so amazing to me what the Lord has plans for and how he qualifies and prepares us for his work, to build up his kingdom. Last week, we felt prompeted to stop by a deaf member's house, and there we ended up teaching a first discussion. He had never "heard" anything of our church before and so we ended up explaining the restoration to him. It's wonderful what happends when you truely are prepared. When you have studied and shown the Lord your effort, he will help you in times when you don't know what to say, or in some cases, "sign"
Last night we were at a hearing family's house for dinner, and he mentioned that his sister was deaf and lives in dallas. We were both thinking dallas, texas, and I had offered to give the elders there that I knew of in sign that could go see her. We then both relized that he was talking about dallas, oregon; a place both my companion and I had never heard of before.
For P-Day this past week, we got to go and tour around Seaside with a member. It was so fun to see first the place where Lois & Clark first started out their journey, and to see the rest of Oregon without just passing through. This made me think of how I started out my journy for my mission; in Kirtland, and what a wonderful experiance that was to experiance that. I wish all the best for President Hansen. What a wonderful man and a great leader. Please tell him I said hello again, and I will pray for him in his call.
I love all of you and appriciate your prayers and support. Familys with the gospel as the center of their lives are truely the greatest blessing we have. I love you! Sister Embley

0 comments:

Post a Comment