Recent Posts

Monday, November 28, 2011

28-Nov-2011

Dear Family,
So, How was everyone's thanksgiving? Mom, it sounds like yyou guys had a full house. I'm sure it was fun having alot of the family together. For thanksgiving here, we had our usual weekly planning in the morning, and then went out for dinner at the Woolworth's here. It was nice of them to let us be apart of their family for the day. The rest of the day, we enjoyed member hopping since we weren't allowed to tract. We ended with a visit to the Rodella's, another family in the ward here.
It's a bit funny being away from home on the holidays. It just reminds me of so many great past thanksgiving's that we have had and how this one is so diffrent being a missionary, but it also reminds me of just how many blessings I do have and the great opportunity I have to share that with others every day! Sometimes it is hard to be rejected time and time again, but I do know that God has a plan and that we are doing all that we can do bring that to others. I love it.
Wednesday, we were in Vancuver again for more deaf tracting and contacting. The last house was someone we were intending to visit for a couple weeks now and it just seemed to finally fall into place. They had a 9 year old daughter who had not yet been baptized. Because we had followed up and invited, we're teaching her simple gospel principals and she's so excited for her baptism. It's amazing what happens when you follow up!
This morning, as we were finishing our personal studies we recieved a knock on our door. It turned out to be two Jehovah Witness'. It was just so funny. They finally relized that we were "preachers" from another faith and we had a brief discussion about the gospel with them. Just so funny!
Thankfully, We haven't had any awkward meals yet. I'm counting my blessings with serving stateside. We have been fed pretty well-we had brazillian food a couple weeks ago, and that was so good.
The work is going great and my signing is coming along and improving.
I love all of you!
Sister Embley

0 comments:

Post a Comment