Hello Family!
I got to speak with a few of this week! Sunday Night was my last night at the MTC. It was just such a wonderful weekend! We had In-Field Orientation all day Friday, where we recieved more training for the field, then was General Confrence along with the Relief Society broadcast-if you havent had a chance to watch it,watch it. My favorite was President Uchtdorf's talk. Then the next day was more confrence and our departure devotional, and then the fireside that evening along with more packing and more goodbyes and more packing. whew. And now im offically in portland. Tonight I have my first discussion with a non-member. They had us in the arrival meeting yesturday with our district and we went first to the Portland Temple to take pictures, and then went straight to the information training meeting, and then my companion and I went to meet the members and to serving the less active. I love Portland and all the rain we're getting. It's just rain rain rain and I can't seem to get tired of it:) It's so beutiful here. My companion's name is Sister Young. She's wonderful and just a saint. I just love teaching in the field and learning from her. There's a quote that they are having us memorize that I wanted to share with you. It's from the prophet Joseph Smith that testifies of this work. "The standard of truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop this work from progressing; persucacutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the work of God will go forth bodly, nobly and independent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, til the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done-Joseph Smith Jr. Every time I read that quote, the spirit just testifies to me again and again (we say this often or will be saying this every district meeting) of the truthfulness of the gospel. I just love love love being a missionary. It's just so great being apart of seeing someone change because they have chosen to live the gospel, and to see their testimony and faith grow. I'm now part time ASL and part time English.This Sunday, I'll be attending both the Deaf branch and English branch here, and covering part of the area in Washington. There's just so much work to be done and people we have yet to find. This morning, I had the opportunity of teaching the Joseph Smith story for the first time, in english. It was hard to go back to english grammer after being focused on ASL grammer for the past 2 months, but the spirit was there and helped me say what needed to be said. Family, I miss all of you and would love to keep hearing from you. Mom, you should be recieving some pictures and letters from me soon. I sent them last week from the MTC. I just love you all so much and the church is so very true! Sister Embley
0 comments:
Post a Comment